Monday, February 23, 2015

Mama will we get there?

Of the greatest things in life, I owe my mother. She may make me mad and annoy the hell out of me, but at some point I have to be grateful. I think it's easy to take for granted your parents, they are by far the most self sacrificing people you will encounter. Sometimes to a fault I may add. It doesn't matter what trouble you are going through. You will inevitably find, your pain is your parents pain. Sometimes I feel bad about that fact, most of my troubles are self made, and it seems almost unfair that someone else feels the need to shoulder the emotional baggage. Emotional baggage isn't fun for anybody btw.
Often I wish I could just get it all together and be perfect so that my mother would have more joys than sorrows. I've noticed that she lives vicariously through me, which can sometimes also be annoying- while nonetheless flattering. If I could I'd just snap my fingers and give her a mansion , frequent trips around the world, gold jewelry, and more of my expendable time- but it takes a little more than just snapping your fingers, and sometimes I wonder with all my troubles and all her pills will I ever make it in time to give her all that I know she deserves? I just wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment