Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Let Me Get Into Your Head Space: Help You In Your Head Space; Help You See Yourself More Clearly; Pretty/Handsome


I think more than anything, when life throws curve balls, you need someone to coach you back to life. Someone to encourage you. Yes, a great deal of the work is dependent on you and your ability to self motivate, but encouragement from the outside can really help you to see things better.

Life is beautiful. If you take a minute, to really write down all the things that have went wrong in your life; ie; your failures. Seriously, write them out. You would be surprised how your fear of failure might not be as debilitating as you think. Why would I say that?

Well, if you accept failure, as part of your road to success, you will find that where you are currently, IS a SUCCESS.

You made it through some things you thought would stop you, and destroy your life, and look at you; right now living life, not destroyed, and past what was possibly more than a couple of challenging tests. Hell, if you write them out, and really think about what you learned and how you came through it, they might seem smaller than they once were, maybe easy because you grew to the level to overcome. The only thing probably stopping you is the post traumatic stress of having to adapt to overcome; you're probably scared because you think it wasn't supposed to be hard or worried if you could handle it if faced again. I lived in my car for three months; you will be fine. But think about the skills you developed going through it, and how they play into making you more capable where you are today and where you are going. Think about it.

You did overcome.

You overcame. You overcame and you grew, and you learned something valuable. Really take second to think or write out what you learned in that situation.

This creates for you, a 'whats the worst that can happen?' hand book. If you accept your failures, most of them might not seem like failures when you come to review where they have taken you, what you have learned, and how you have grown.

You are more resilient and powerful than you think. I really cant help stressing writing these things down, because your subconscious mind isn't holding this in concretely. I can imagine that, you've experienced a weight being lifted, your confidence being boosted, and the fear of your past being reviewed; challenged , and accepted; but, I guarantee. Two sentences from that memory you had, you forgot. Kinda like when you look at your face in the mirror and you forget what you look like. You vaguely remember but not as clearly as looking at someone else's face. Weird right??

Where did I get this from? Today, I decided to get out and explore, and I took this little book that I bought 3 years ago with me, called Women's guide to Money. This book is great for men too. In it there are a series of exercises that help you understand your values about, money, life, your values, and your mind. Its crazy because if you are in a money crunch at any point in your life; it all has to do with your value system, any conflicts in goals with those values, lack of clarity of what you want and how to get it, fears, and essentially not thinking about it.

As a man thinketh, so he becomes; is a quote from the bible. Actually I have a couple, ' like Paul saying to encourage one another'. Having faith. I really would prefer if you picked up your bible to learn the word, than rely on me to teach; I'll speak it to you, but you really have to study it for yourself, and get it into your heart.

There was something else I thought about as I re-read portions of this book; finding post-its and book marks in sections I had pointed out 3 years past.

I'll share with you more in the near future the exercises, but I really have to sit down and write out these things for myself too, because there are some conflicts of what I want and what I value. Hey, Im in the trenches here with you.

But let me tell you; this thing works. I remember 3 years ago when I bought this book for a $1 from a used book store, when I was between jobs, and when I ran through the exercises, I mean literally two days later, I had two jobs and money was flowing to me left and right. And I can only say it had to do with a shift in my thinking, and being clear on my defining statements. And when the well would dry up, it was usually because I would go on auto-pilot, not thinking writing it out, and really reviewing my next steps, and real desires.

You gotta do it. I gotta do it.''

There's another thing I want to share with you, but I want to go focus for a minute and I'm really writing free form for you. If this gets any longer; I'm going to have to standardize it; and I really need to invest more time into me and my head space.

Bye !

No comments:

Post a Comment