Wednesday, June 29, 2016

To Prince


Yo Hommes,
Little Bro,
I figured I pen out something I didnt say before you were gone.
I guess in many ways we lived lives, miles apart.

I know you looked up to me.
I know I also did things that made you question whether I took my responsibilities seriously
When you died,
I had a lot of questions.
I thought how your birthday had just been days before
How you asked me a question about energy
I was shocked you trusted me to ask me about it
You and I tended to fight
I was older and whitewashed in your eyes
You were the little brother I had to keep an eye on.
I know theres not much I could do to prevent your loss, your death
Your leaving
I felt guilty for a while thinking you were where you were that day based off of some advise or habit
I had taught you years earlier in my past.
Life went on after you passed
And I sat on this weird crossroad between the present and the past
You asked me about energy
And its funny because its you who visits me in my warning dreams
So I guess your energy lives on; somewhere
Im ready to step up and do more
Keep your eyes open from where your at.

No comments:

Post a Comment